Calling all the single ladies: Become our official diamond engagement ring tester this wedding season
Wedding season is here, and though most brides already have their engagement rings by now, it’s the perfect time for others to feel inspired and pop the question to their partners.
Of course, for some, it’s not that simple. If you lack a partner or you’re simply not interested in the commitment that comes with it, but long for that dazzling sparkly ring, worry not! We’ve got the perfect opportunity for you.
At Austen and Blake, we’re giving you the chance to get paid to stay single and wear a new engagement ring every week for 14 weeks! You’ll be lucky enough to wear and test some of the most beautiful white, yellow and black diamonds, emeralds, blue sapphires and rubies in a range of cuts and settings.
Keep reading to find out more about this incredible job opportunity and how you can apply to become our official diamond engagement ring tester.
What Does an Engagement Ring Represent?
An engagement ring is a symbol of two people’s love, dedication and commitment to each other. It is a promise of marriage and represents the lifelong journey on which they are about to embark.
Rings have been given as a promise of marriage since Ancient Roman times when women would wear rings made from flint, bone, copper, silver or gold. Since the rings are circular, they represented an infinite love that transcended both this life and beyond.
Typically, the engagement ring is worn on the left finger. This is because the Romans believed that the left finger had a vein that lead directly to the heart called the ‘vena amoris’ or ‘the vein of love. So, it became a popular practice to wear the engagement ring on this finger as a symbol of the love that flowed between a married couple.
What You’ll Be Doing as an Official Diamond Engagement Ring Tester
So, what can you expect as our new official diamond engagement ring tester? Well, each remaining week of the UK wedding season (between May to October), you’ll be loaned a new engagement ring to wear and test, reporting back with details on how it wears.
Is it too heavy? Do the prongs catch on your clothes when getting dressed? Does it get in the way when washing up? How practical is it for everyday wear? Does it sparkle enough? What kind of comments do you get from friends, family and strangers? We need feedback on it all.
As a bonus, you’ll also earn a nice £100 per week - that’s £1400 for the remaining 14 weeks of wedding season (from application close date)!
Popular Engagement Ring Styles
With so many different engagement ring styles out there, it can be tricky knowing which you prefer or which type of ring suits you best. So, trying on various styles can be extremely beneficial as you learn what you like or don’t like. You may even be surprised and fall in love with a style you’d never considered before!
Here are some of the most popular engagement ring styles that the lucky applicant will have a chance to try:
Vintage Engagement Rings
Vintage engagement rings are perfect for those who are old fashioned at heart and prefer a traditional and romantic aesthetic. This style typically combines geometrical shapes with intricate, delicate features that are made to be flaunted.
Solitaire Engagement Rings
Simple, effortless and classic, diamond solitaire engagement rings are an extremely popular choice that will always be in style. This elegant design puts all the focus on the singular centre diamond, allowing it to sparkle and shine from every angle.
Trilogy Engagement Rings
Beautifully crafted and meaningful, trilogy engagement rings include 3 diamonds that represent the past, present and future shared between a couple. For more mature couples, it can also symbolise commitment, trust and respect.
How to Apply
Applying for this dream role couldn’t be easier. Simply register your interest by filling in the details below.
The successful applicant will be selected at random and contacted no later than Tuesday 26th July 2022.
All unsuccessful applicants will receive a 10% Austen & Blake discount code.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: Austen & Blake (company no. 06453160) whose registered office is at 17 King Street, Manchester, M2 6AW
2. The application is open to those aged 18 years or over. When contacted, the successful applicant may be asked to provide proof of age.
3. This is not an offer of full-time employment. It will last for 14 weeks, beginning Saturday 30th July 2022 and ending on 31st October 2022.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to apply.
5. By entering this application, an entrant is indicating his/her/their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Applications will open at 00:00am on Saturday 25th June 2022 and close at 11.59pm on Sunday 24th July 2022. Any applications received before and after these dates will not be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for applicants not received for whatever reason.
8. Any applications which are incomplete, incorrect or incomprehensible will be void.
9.Applicants will have the option to sign up for marketing and communications from Austen & Blake. If you do not wish to receive communications, please opt-out.
10. Applicants’ contact information and details will not be shared with third parties. However, due to the value of the products you are testing, Austen & Blake will need to keep an internal record of your personal information (Full Name, Address, Contact number).
11. Applications will be reviewed by an Austen & Blake judging panel, who will select a winning applicant at random and verify the applicants’ suitability for the role. If the applicant is not deemed suitable, another will be chosen at random until a successful applicant is chosen.
12. The successful applicant is at the full discretion of Austen & Blake. The decision of Austen & Blake is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Austen & Blake will attempt to notify the successful applicant within 24 hours after the closing date of applications. He/she/they will be contacted at the email address provided when applying.
14. The successful applicant will have two days in which to respond. If we are unable to notify the applicant, or if the applicant fails to respond within the fixed time period, this may result in forfeiture of the opportunity and Austen & Blake reserves the right to select an alternative winning applicant in accordance with these terms and conditions and the applicant information.
15. The opportunity is subject to availability and the terms and conditions as outlined below:
- You must be willing to travel to one of our 11 stores: London, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Glasgow, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Newcastle and Belfast.
- You must be available to come into your nearest Austen & Blake store every Saturday morning for the duration of 14 weeks to collect your ring.
- You will be paid at the end of the 14 weeks a total sum of £1400.
- At the end of each week, you must provide a written review of the ring you tested that week.
- At each Saturday morning appointment, you will receive complimentary tea, coffee or a glass of bubbly.
16. By applying for this role, an entrant is indicating his/her/their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. By applying you agree for your contact details to be used in conjunction with this application only.
18. Austen & Blake also reserves the right to cancel the application process if circumstances arise outside of its control.